Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Houston, we have achieved SVN COMMIT

Okay, I've committed my "night's work" - a brief outline of what I intend to put in the paper. There's more detail in the Selftypes section (vs the recursive subtyping section) because I've started writing that part up already. After fleshing out the outline more I will work on moving my TeX work into the existing files. (We should make sure the .tex files are checked in as non-binary so changes will get merged intelligently.)

TO DO on the outline:
- Felix, you can add anything for your unwritten sections that you want outlined. Heck, written sections too, but that's more obvious.
- Remove or cut down sections on upper bounds (algorithms)
- Flesh out second section

2 Comments:

Blogger pnkfelix said...

Well, I was wrong. I thought that Subversion had some reasonable defaults that it guessed to assign to the svn:mime-type property, but I can't find the source information that led me to that thought.

So, I'll go ahead and set the svn:mime-type property myself.

This now makes me wonder about my own repository. Have I been doing this wrong all this time? Its been more than a year!

10:10 PM  
Blogger pnkfelix said...

Then again, I'm pretty sure I've seen evidence of Subversion attempting to do contextual merge, even on files that don't have svn:mime-type explicitly set on them.

That's the only effect of setting svn:mime-type, right? It just affects how intelligently subversion tries to merge deltas made concurrently to the same file?

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home